Monday, May 17, 2010

"Autumn Angel" Print




I'm on a roll lately with this journal. I've been spending a lot of time in the waiting room of the gym where my daughter Emma Grace takes gymnastics. She has two hour classes several days a week and it's the perfect opportunity for me to work on my Art journal! I love it when I can take my art work with me especially when I don't want to put it down. It wasn't until this year that I started creating all my art in an art journal. It's nice to have it all in one place. Before this year all my work was done on canvas which is not so easy to reproduce. Once it's purchased it's gone and just the photo remains. This art journal project is fantastic because all my originals are with me and they print out SO beautifully on a laser printer with the special card stock I use. It also makes my work a lot more affordable to purchase. I hope these journal images are as interesting to others as they are to me and as many artists hope.... I too hope to spread my intricate images across the world.

For all the artistic Mom's out there........we are so lucky to have the outlet of our art work to keep us sane!!! I have always felt fortunate to not really even know what it's like to be bored. I have MY LOVE FOR ART to thank for that(O:

2 comments:

  1. I've also had to move to smaller scale works, for now. And embroidery, which is also good to travel with. This is a neat work, it's an interesting mix of folk art and stained-glass window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful journal pages. I like to do the same with some of my art, it allows me to keep the originals and use the prints in my other journals.

    ReplyDelete

It's always such a pleasure hearing from my followers! I love to read all my comments and please know that I read everyone of them and each one is appreciated more than you know.

My New Studio

My New Studio
It may be pink but it's no longer the closet under the stairs(O:

Happy Valentines Day!!

Happy Valentines Day!!
These are little Valentines Mice made out of little white stones. I stuck felt hearts on them and then embelished them with bows and eyes. This is a fun Valentines Day craft for my daughter's second grade class!

Art Doll Prints

Available Now!!!

India

Meet India, she is such a treasure! I made from a tea cup I brought back from India last year. She sits 6 1/2 inches tall. The base she sits on is a beautiful square plate I found in Crate & Barrel that matched the tea cup perfectly. India has been embellished with fabrics I also brought back with me. Her hair is a combination of wool and acrylic fibers and she is jeweled with brass accents. India has henna patterns on the souls of her feet and around the tops of her arms and sits in this peaceful position as she meditates. She's waiting to sit in your home and bring you peace.

India Prays

India Prays
Art Doll

Art Doll Mable

Art Doll Mable
Meet Mable, she's trying her best to keep her skin glowing. She believes in nourishing her body from the inside out but once a week a good facial mask and cucumbers on her eyes make all the difference in the world. She stand 8 inches tall and would love to sit on the side of your tub or on your dresser. She could spend hours in the bathroom! * Mable is an original one of a kind decorative Art Doll and not meant to be played with as a toy.