Thursday, July 22, 2010
"The Cover" Sketchbook Project 2011
I spent the day yesterday working on the front and back cover of my sketchbook.
The front Cover: I decided to use images from inside the book to make a mosaic medallion. I surrounded the images with puff paint to secure them. This way there is no way they can peel off.
The Back Cover: I wanted to create a jewel type effect on back cover. I glued gold buttons with a tile adhesive (the strongest glue I've come across) there is no chance of these buttons moving from the cover no matter how many times it's flipped through. I also placed a few coins between the buttons (heads side up) to continue the face in the crowd theme.
Now I need to say good-bye to my sketchbook as it will make it's way to the Brooklyn Art Library. The images within will be seen again soon. I have some brushes in the making as well as a few other artsy projects(O: